So I got into Elements

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Yep, A friend showed me Elements the online Magic The Gathering-like Cardgame, and I suppose when I need a fix I can do this since It seems rare my chances to play Magic with someone, heck I don't even have my own deck yet.

Anyway it's pretty addictive, dangerous even.

http://www.elementsthegame.com/

You do have to deal with a short video ad upon visiting the site, but it's free and for noobs I'd say after about an hour of Vs. AI games and some deck rearranging and upgrading you could probably duel me already with a good chance of winning if you pick up on what to do >:3

Posted : 22/09/2010 9:30 pm
Van Ishikawa
(@van-ishikawa)
Member Admin

oh god no don't do this to me I'm too busy already D:

...maybe play ya this weekend >.>

Posted : 22/09/2010 9:36 pm
Mavi
 Mavi
(@mavi)
Member Moderator

cresil...dont make me pull you back to starcraft....

Posted : 22/09/2010 10:46 pm
Taernost
(@taernost)

I tried playing this one myself on Kongregate (fairly sure the two communities actually play together though), and I just couldn't get into it. There's something of a lack of cards, and getting the cards that really matter is painfully difficult, usually relying on random chance until very late in the game when you can fight the False Gods, except to even beat them you seriously need the best cards in the game so by then it's kind of a moot point. I admit I never did any multiplayer though, so perhaps that substantially changes the experience.

Posted : 22/09/2010 11:13 pm
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin
Topic starter

cresil...dont make me pull you back to starcraft....

My gaming is rotation-based! :p

I want to start Assassins Creed 2 sometime soon, but once I start it, It'll be all I'll do til I beat it x3 Off and on I'm still going through Dead Space Impossible.. I'm up to chapter 6!

Posted : 22/09/2010 11:38 pm
Keres Clawtooth
(@keres-clawtooth)
Eminent Member

Ohhhhh!!! ELEMENTS!!!

It's been a long time since I've played this.

Mwahahaha, my Chaos deck is just as random as I am :v

It's Rape Keres Day!!!!
Keres' FurAffinity go!

Posted : 23/09/2010 4:23 am
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Ohhhhh!!! ELEMENTS!!!

Want to duel me? :3:

Posted : 23/09/2010 6:23 am
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin
Topic starter

oh god no don't do this to me I'm too busy already D:

...maybe play ya this weekend >.>

That would work out well, since I'll be hanging with the guy that showed it to me and he won't mind watching a game or two :p

I'll IM you my AIM >_>

Posted : 23/09/2010 6:24 am
Keres Clawtooth
(@keres-clawtooth)
Eminent Member

Ohhhhh!!! ELEMENTS!!!

Want to duel me? :3:

Rawr! Sure! 😀

It's Rape Keres Day!!!!
Keres' FurAffinity go!

Posted : 23/09/2010 6:25 am
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

Damn, now you got me hooked on this stuff. It's so fun and easy at that. xD Well semi-easy. xD

Posted : 23/09/2010 9:20 am
Mavi
 Mavi
(@mavi)
Member Moderator

i havent tried it yet but i keep hearing from friends that it is very fun so I may soon...

Posted : 23/09/2010 1:47 pm
Van Ishikawa
(@van-ishikawa)
Member Admin

Ohhhhh!!! ELEMENTS!!!

Hah, I also picked Entropy to start out. Not sure if its the nature of the game or the Entropy set but I either completely crush the enemy or get my ass handed to me.

Played for a bit, straining to earn some coins for buying new cards. Trying to find some neat interactions hopefully.

Posted : 23/09/2010 10:13 pm
Taernost
(@taernost)

Some of it is the game itself, but Entropy is definitely a hit-or-miss element, what with all the randomness involved in it. That said, Maxwell's Demon is seriously sick, as almost every powerful creature is vulnerable to its ability.

Posted : 23/09/2010 11:10 pm
Van Ishikawa
(@van-ishikawa)
Member Admin

Some of it is the game itself, but Entropy is definitely a hit-or-miss element, what with all the randomness involved in it. That said, Maxwell's Demon is seriously sick, as almost every powerful creature is vulnerable to its ability.

Which is weird because I haven't once been able to use his ability D:

Trying to decide what my secondary element should be, really love having a deck that just throws the opponent out of whack at every opportunity. Probably go with Time, Aether, or Gravity.

Mutation is such a hilarious card too. With the starter deck I just kept feeding Skeletons/Viruses to it, ending up with like a 15/10 Dragon with a growth ability :haw:

Posted : 24/09/2010 12:41 am
Keres Clawtooth
(@keres-clawtooth)
Eminent Member

Ugwah 🙁

When I was playing Elements at the Gym earlier I was able to play fine but when I got home I kept on getting "You've been banned from Elements". I tried making a new account, same deal. So I went across the street to the local computer shop and tried it there and I was able to login again.

:confused: ugwah Keres confused.

It's Rape Keres Day!!!!
Keres' FurAffinity go!

Posted : 24/09/2010 1:54 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: