Where do you buy your techie stuff?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Newegg and Craigslist have probably been 60% of my tech shopping and trading. I sold my old Apple G5 tower on CL for only 800 bucks less than it was worth! Remember how expensive those damn cheese-graters were? Got my first PC on there too.
Hell I even got my current Job on Craigslist... and the personals & rants and raves on that site are quite amusing sometimes.

Posted : 23/09/2010 4:03 am
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

Let's see, a few websites/hops here in Estonia. Then of course Amazon.co.uk and company websites such as Innovatec for instance.

Posted : 23/09/2010 9:19 am
Mavi
 Mavi
(@mavi)
Member Moderator

i would say newegg is my main source, but I do a lot of shopping around for great deals and such so newegg is about 50%, the other 50% is a bunch of unknown sights

Posted : 23/09/2010 1:49 pm
Tacticus
(@tacticus)

I use MicroCenter because of their low prices, large variety, ability to ship anywhere in the U.S., and they just happen to have one of their few warehouse stores locally to where I live. They're definitely worth giving a look. =P

Posted : 24/09/2010 2:28 pm
Lucius
(@pendzez)
Eminent Member

Since I have a laptop, from what I hear, laptops can't be upgraded. So, I don't get any components. However, since I'm in an IT course, in which hardware is involved, I might have to practice on making a custom made computer. There's a Carbil Computer's, which is the closest where I live, there's Office Equipment Warehouse in the Tassie Capital of Hobart (too far away for me)

Gonna be absent 26/9-26/11

Posted : 25/09/2010 2:35 am
Taernost
(@taernost)

I don't buy a ton of computer parts myself, though when I do it's usually from Fry's. My roommate, however, runs a small business making computers, and mostly shops through Fry's, NewEgg, and TigerDirect. That said, he also frequents forums whose sole purpose (it seems) is to track good deals on computer parts, and he'll buy from anyone who seems cheap and reliable, usually going where the sales are.

Posted : 25/09/2010 4:39 am
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

I have bought a couple of things from Amazon, so far, they have been very good to me.

Posted : 25/09/2010 8:31 am
Share: