Favorite movie's

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Lucius
(@pendzez)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

So yeah, title basically speaks for itself. Do you have any favorite movies?

For me:
the Hayao Miyazaki films, but Princess Mononoke would have to be the better.

I like the Kodamas and when the Forest Spirit becomes headless and deadly, pity the Kodamas had to die. 🙁

Gonna be absent 26/9-26/11

Posted : 21/09/2010 5:29 am
SethPup
(@sethpup)
Eminent Member

My favorite animated movie is The Iron Giant. I know it's not furry, but I love everything about the movie from the animation to the characters to the story.

Also, new favorite movie is Scott Pilgrim <333 It's such a shame that movie did terrible in the box office.

Posted : 21/09/2010 2:03 pm
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

Honestly I like anything from 'Studio Ghibli' and let's see, my favorite movies are for instance One Missed Call and Alien I and II. And a lot more, too much to list. <3

Posted : 21/09/2010 3:02 pm
SethPup
(@sethpup)
Eminent Member

Also, new favorite movie is Scott Pilgrim <333 It's such a shame that movie did terrible in the box office.

I'm surprised it did terrible when everyone I know worships that movie. I didn't bother seeing it because I heard the acting is awful and the relationship isn't believable and it's just annoying to watch. Maybe this is because the person who wrote that wasn't a big video gamer and nor am I. Is that really a big part of the movie?

Yeah, there are lots of video game references, which I loved. I don't think the acting was bad :O And the charm of the movie was enough for me to accept the relationships XD

Posted : 21/09/2010 4:52 pm
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

hmm, cant say I have a specific favorite but I do like comedies! 😀

Posted : 21/09/2010 6:19 pm
Cresil Violet
(@cresil)
Member Admin

I have Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon everything. >_>

Replica sword, VHS, DVD, PS2 game which was terrible.

Love that movie! It's the only one I've seen in the theater twice so far.

Posted : 21/09/2010 9:38 pm
Lucius
(@pendzez)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oh, there was a big collection of comedies. It was the Carry On movies. Really funny shit that. Made like 30 movies of it, one being a documentry type.

Gonna be absent 26/9-26/11

Posted : 21/09/2010 9:52 pm
Dead
 Dead
(@deleted)
Estimable Member

Old jackie Chan movies and I mean the Chinese ones (check Snake in the Eagles shadow)

Old - school action movies, where you didn't have to actually think while watching. Recent example would be The Expendables. Just get some pop-corn and coke, shut down your mind for the 1 hour film and enjoy the visuals.

Equilibrium was a nice matrix spin-off. The old Batman movies, being a Batman fanboy myself (Pre-ordered DC Universe online ^^)
Myazaki movies are great too, but favourite would be Spirited away and Tails of Earthsea.

And the list can go on and on.

Hate: Resident Evil movies and all Uwe's movies XD

Posted : 22/09/2010 12:11 am
Taernost
(@taernost)

Lord so many to choose from... The first movie I remember crying during, as well as the first movie I ever watched back-to-back, was Dragonheart, but I haven't seen that in so long it's hard to say if it'd still be my favorite. Ghostbusters is still a big one for me, Steamboy might be my favorite anime movie, and most anything by Mel Brooks is comedic gold in my book, but in the end it's really hard for me to choose a favorite film.

Posted : 22/09/2010 3:05 am
Share: